Guido was visiting scholar at the University of California, Berkeley in 2016. He graduated from University of Pavia (Italy) with a BSc in Natural Sciences and Civil Engineering and MSc in Civil Engineering. He worked for several years as a consultant in the field of geotechnical engineering before undertaking a PhD in Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology. His doctoral work focused on dynamic soil-structure interaction, its constitutive modelling and applications for the assessment of dam age in geotechnical structures. His research interests include also site response analysis and evaluation of seismic risk.
- Numerical modelling of dynamic soil-structure interaction
- Assessment of seismic damage of geotechnical structures
- Seismic risk of geotechnical structures
- Site response analysis
- Constitutive modelling
- Micro-detailed modelling of masonry elements
- Geotechnical Engineering (Undergraduate course, Teaching assistant)
- Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering (MSc course, Teaching assistant)
- Seismic Design of Foundation Systems (MSc course, Teaching assistant)
- Andreotti G, Lai C.G., (2017). A nonlinear constitutive model for beam elements with cyclic degradation and damage assessment for advanced dynamic analyses of geotechnical problems. Part I: theoretical formulation. Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering 15(7): 2785–2801. DOI: 10.1007/s10518-017-0090-1
- Andreotti G, Lai C.G., (2017). A nonlinear constitutive model for beam elements with cyclic degradation and damage assessment for advanced dynamic analyses of geotechnical problems. Part II: validation and application to a dynamic soil-structure interaction problem. Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering 15(7):2803–2825. DOI: 10.1007/s10518-017-0091-0.
- Andreotti G., Lai C.G., 2015. Methodology to Derive Damage State-Dependent Fragility Curves of underground tunnels. Proceedings of 6th International Conference on Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering (6ICEGE). Christchurch, New Zealand, 1-4 November 2015.
- Andreotti, G., Lai, C. G, 2014. Seismic Vulnerability of Deep Tunnels: Numerical Modeling for a Fully Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis. 2nd European Conference on Earthquake Engineering and Seismology (2ECEES). Istanbul, Turkey, 25-29 August 2014.