PhD Student (Tshingua University), UCB visiting scholar
Office: 437Davis Hall
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tian You was a visiting student scholar at the University of California, Berkeley for one year. She obtained her MEng and PhD from Tsinghua University in China. Her doctoral dissertation focused on the modeling of Ground heat exchanger (GHE) and the performance improvement of Ground-coupled Heat Pump System (GCHP).
She proposed a general model to fast and accurately calculate the heat transfer of different GHEs, like boreholes, energy piles, energy walls and energy tunnels, based on the response factors. To solve the soil thermal imbalance of GCHP in cold regions, she developed a heat compensation unit combining air source thermosyphon and heat pump to realize the efficient seasonal energy storage from air to soil.
- Soil thermal imbalance of ground coupled heat pumps
- Model development of different ground heat exchangers
- Energy efficiency of HVAC&R systems
- T. You, X. Li, W. Wu, et al. Coupled heating of GCHP system with heat compensation unit: performance improvement and borehole reduction, Energ. Convers. Manage. 2017, 148: 57-67. (SCI/EI)
- T. You, W. Wu, W. Shi, et al. An overview of the problems and solutions of soil thermal imbalance of ground-coupled heat pumps in cold regions. Appl. Energ. 2016, 177: 515-536. (SCI/EI)
- T. You, W. Shi, B. Wang, et al. A fast distributed parameter model of ground heat exchanger based on response factor. Build. Simul., 2016: 1-10. DOI: 10.1007/s12273-016-0316-1. (SCI/EI)
- T. You, W. Shi, B. Wang, et al. A new ground-coupled heat pump system integrated with a multi-mode air-source heat compensator to eliminate thermal imbalance in cold regions, Energ. Buildings. 2015, 107: 103-112. (SCI/EI)
- T. You, B. Wang, W. Wu, et al. Performance analysis of hybrid ground-coupled heat pump system with multi-functions, Energ. Convers. Manage. 2015, 92: 47-59. (SCI/EI)
- T. You, B. Wang, W. Wu, et al. A new solution for underground thermal imbalance of ground-coupled heat pump systems in cold regions: Heat compensation unit with thermosyphon, Appl. Therm. Eng., 2014, 64(1): 283-292. (SCI/EI)
- T. You, X. Li, W. Shi, et al. Fast and accurate calculation of the soil temperature distribution around ground heat exchanger based on RF model, IGSHPA, Denver, USA, 2017.
- T. You, W. Wu, B. Wang, et al. Evaluation of a novel hybrid ground-coupled heat pump system with heat compensation and domestic hot water supply, SET, Hong Kong, 2013